Moving to a New Home?
If you move into a new home, change all the door locks immediately – other people may have keys that fit. We are a premier Fleet security company can be there the day you move in, so you have peace of mind right from day one in your new home. Many burglaries are carried out by thieves who have keys shortly after new people move into a property.
Offer the Impossible Way to the Intruders
Reduce the risk of your home being burgled by making sure you have taken these simple and often inexpensive precautions. If not call us and make an appointment to check your Fleet security is up to standard. Most burglaries are carried out by opportunist thieves. In two out of ten burglaries, they don’t even have to use force? They get in through an open door or window. We can fit strong locks to your doors and windows and make sure you always keep them fully locked. If you are replacing or fitting new doors and windows, get ones that are certified to British Standard BS7950 (windows) or PAS 24-1 (doors).
Inside Security Tips
A third of burglars get in through a window.
Window locks that can easily be seen from outside may put some thieves off because the thief would have to break the glass and risk attracting attention. Even if they do break the window, they still can’t open it which is a very good Reading security tip. Instead, they risk cutting themselves climbing through the broken glass.
Window locks are fairly inexpensive, Fleet-locksmith can fit key-operated locks to fit most kinds of windows. You may need more than one window lock, depending on the size of the opening you need to secure.
Window locks with keys should be fitted to all downstairs windows and windows that are easy to reach? For example, those above a flat roof or near a drainpipe.
your front and back doors are not secure, neither is your home. Two-thirds of burglars gain entry through a door. Lock Solutions recommend that the best Reading security advice is to install a five lever mortise lock (kite marked BS3621) to all your outside wooden doors including french doors.
We could also fit mortise bolts to the top and bottom of all outside doors, including both sides of french doors.
The following devices can be fitted to your front door: Make sure your Reading security is up to standard.
- Door viewer ? if you don?t have a window in the door or some other way of checking who is calling, you need a door viewer installed. You can look through this to identify callers before you open a door. (The best Reading security there is)
- Hinges ? check that the door hinges are sturdy and secured with strong, long screws. For added security, we can fit hinge bolts. These help to reinforce the hinge side of the door against force. Hinge bolts or security hinges are especially important if your door opens outwards.
- Letterboxes ? never hang a spare key inside the letterbox. This is an obvious place that a thief would check. Letterboxes should be at least 400mm from any locks. Consider having a letterbox cage or other restrictor, which prevent thieves from putting their hands through and opening the door.
- Rim Latch ? most front doors are fitted with a rim latch which locks automatically when the door is closed. You can open these from the outside without a key. For strength and quality, Lock Solutions can fit BS3621 kite marked products.
- Automatic Deadlock ? this locks automatically when the door is closed and is more secure that other types of rim latch. It needs a key to open it from both the inside and the outside.
- Chains ? Lock Solutions can fit a chain to your door so that you can use it every time someone calls. Remember though, that you only use the door chain when answering the door? don?t leave it on all the time.
- Mortise Deadlock ? Lock Solutions can fit a five-lever mortise deadlock about one-third of the way up the door. Most insurance companies and Reading security are happy with one lock kite marked to British Standard BS3621. You can only open a deadlock with a key, so a thief can?t smash the nearby glass panel to open the door from the outside. Deadlocks also mean that if burglars get into your home some other way, they can?t carry your belongings out through the door.Make sure your home is safe by taking advantage of our free security check.